Today we journeyed up the canyon to Tibble Fork Reservoir to see if we could escape some of the bad air that is clogging the valley. Maybe if we are lucky we could even see the sun. But we didn't hold much hope of seeing the sun today as the clouds are pretty high, higher than Tibble Fork.
Also, we wanted to see if Tibble Fork had frozen over like Utah Lake has this year.
Before we even got to the canyon, the kids start with the: "So how long are we going to be here?" "How long are we staying" "What time will we be home?"
Because going home to do chores is so much more fun than an adventure. (I'm not sure these are my children some days.)
We made it up the winding road to Tibble Fork. No sunshine, but the lake is half frozen over. There are couple of ice fishermen on the ice, and other people just goofing off.
Dave and the kids head down to the ice. I get to sit in the car with Cooper. Even if he had been awake, he was still staying in the car. And I, forgetting that we were going on an adventure, only wore my slip on shoes that would have fallen off in the snow. :(
To get down to the ice, first they had to the giant dirty snow piles made by the snow plows. Then down the slippery and steep path.
Dave loves panorama shots. The bendy rail kinda drives me crazy, but this is the best shot to see the whole picture. (click on it, it will get bigger.) Dirty snow piles, bendy rail path down to the lake, ice in the middle of the lake, water on the ends where the inlets are.
The kids were a bit anxious to go out on the ice at first. (Good, smart, cautious kids.)
But if dad can go on the ice, so can they.
They are looking at a blue sled that is under the ice.
Dave said it was a bit eerie walking on the ice. Because the ice would crack and groan as you walked on it. Note ice crack in picture above.
The kids had a lot of fun running an slipping and playing on the ice. They didn't want to come back to the car. (Duh, adventures are awesome like that.)
Although I didn't get to play on the slippery ice, I did get to enjoy the quite peace of nature, and the fresh pine scented air. I sometime for get how much being out of the city and in the beauty of the wilderness (or somewhat wilderness) recharges my batteries. I could feel something at my very core come back to life with each breath I took of fresh air. Maybe it has something to do with the cabin fever that come with a newborn, but I think it is more to do with being out in the wild.
Must do more camping!

No comments:
Post a Comment